Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I AM ALIVE.....

Is that the news? Yes, for me and for my well-wishers. Since Wednesday, I have attended many calls only to prove that I am ALIVE. For a change, I will thank my hostel rules and regulations that do not allow me to go out at night. I was safe because i was inside a four walled room. The difference between my room and the rooms of Taj and Oberoi was, I could freely live in the room. No direct death treats, and did not see or hear grenades that were exploded. I could watch television for long, eat fresh food and yes, attend phone calls. How was it to stay in these hotels? Where you through tantrums if, your mini bar is not filled in with delicious food. The hotel staff died while serving guests' needs.
What about the ATS chief, who had send the culprits of Malegaon blast to Jail. He died because he was not wearing his life jacket. There were many other officers and constables died in these three days. The news channels say, around 200 people are killed. We should not forget, there are no consensus amongst the channels about the actual number of deaths.
Today Moshe, has gone back to Jerusalem without his parents and grand parents. They are all dead. What will this kid do? He is two years old and he is an orphan. Will he even remember his parents' face by the time he has grown up. We look at our parents for our identity,our security, our needs, Moshe will look up to whom? To the word terrorist...he might. He does not even know what has happened to him. He only cannot see his parents. Now when he has gone to different country, it will be impossible for the kid to adjust there.
Whom should we blame for all this? The politicians, the coastal guards,or the terrorist?
Should only they to be blamed?
The politicians have come to power because of the voters. We have never complained against police misbehaviour, so, the only people left to be blamed are terrorists. Yes, they have to be blamed but, is that enough.
I will blame myself for it. I am twenty-three, yet, I do not vote. I don't have a voter's card. I would like to break rules, for example, carry liquids in the plane, if there is strict checking I will be impatient and criticise the people etc. I keep cribbing and find faults. Starting from not following the simple traffic rules we have in our country. The terrorist will find out ways to attack our nation, yet we will not take any measures to stop them from affecting us in such a large scale.
The army came and helped the civilians. Now many civilians want our leaders to step down and the army to take over. People have lost it. They do not learn lessons until it happens to them personally. Have we forgotten the Pakistan ex- President Pervez Musharraf or General Zia-ul-Haq. Please people should read about the military rule and then urge for it. People should especially look into the Rights of the people. Even after that people want a military rule, please leave India. One solution to solve these problems is to vote for the general elections of 2009. We might not get many good candidates, but who would like to work for the country should be brought to power. We should learn about our candidate's proposals and should also see whether he has made arrangements to solve the problems.
I will be getting my voter's card by February, 2009 and I will be waiting because I do not want to loose my close ones.

No comments: